Friday, January 22, 2010

Being 67

Being a big believer in positive attitude I find the following statement on age by Jule Renard right on target. "It is not how old you are, but how you are old." Granted as we get older our bodies have ways of making us aware of the passage of time. I shall never again be 18 unless reincarnation becomes a reality. Heath wise this was a tough year for me, bleeding on the brain and a pacemaker implant. Leading up to those events my body was speaking loudly. Recovering from brain surgery without impairment was good for my confidence. Healing quickly and completely I was stronger and more resilient than I thought I was. A real psychological upper for me -- not as old as I feared I was. The pacemaker came next and has greatly improved my stamina seemingly removing years from my tired body. I've more drive than I've had in some time. On balance this was a great year for me and I look forward to being around for a long while. I can recall years ago when we thought 30 was positively ancient. Time has fortunately proven us wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment